Sunday, October 4, 2009

Artist Residency at the Grand Canyon


YIPPEE!!!!!! I am going to have the most amazing experience in early 2010. I have been given the opportunity to do a 3 week artist residency at the Grand Canyon. The National Park Service offers the residencies to help promote the various national parks. I will live in a building that is over 100 years old and looks out over the Grand Canyon - the views will be spectacular.
During my residency I will offer three programs to the public visiting the park. I will lead a scenic sketching walk, a drawing with wire workshop and a residency conclusion discussion/presentation. I will be free to spend the remainder of my time in Arizona exploring and creating works inspired by my discoveries.
When I return home I will give a presentation to my local community, sharing with them my experience with the wonders of the Grand Canyon. I see this experience as having so many possibilities!!!
I plan to blog about the experience while I am there, if I have access to the Internet that is!

No comments: