Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Verbalizing my thoughts

I had a great conversation with a friend today about the duality of my work. It was one of those fantastically energetic conversations that go all over the map, leaping from one seemingly disconnected topic to another. We talked a lot about my work, where it has been and where it is going. What I love about this type of discussion is that invariably I learn something about myself, at minimum I verbalize something that has been stuck in my brain for sometime but other times I find connections in my work that I was not fully aware of. As an artist I am often making subtle transitions without even really realizing the changes have occurred. Then one day I look back and feel like maybe I have left something behind. But what I realize on days like today during conversations-energetic and open that I have not left anything behind, my work is simply evolving, the concepts are becoming more refined.

No comments: